Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Admiration for a Movie Actress I know of not many who admired

I am pretty sure saying this is really an act of possible defiance, but I have admiration for good actresses and actors - especially those that who don't fake their faking acting. I knew of a lot of them, but there are a few that I know of that had to go through long ways to get there.


Sandra Bullock, as I know of, is one of them.


She may not be the best of actresses around (think about Julie Delpy, Cate Blanchett, Uma Thurman and such), but to me, she worked the hardest, and she is very down-to-earth about her acting career.


And honestly, it took her several years to get where she is, and to watch her movies with eventual appreciation of genuine-ness and honesty in portraying the character given to her - I think that is something I have grown to respect for.


I have been admiring her since The Net, (Speed is not my favorite actually, but her recent movies didn't do any better, except...) but the recent film 'The Blind Side' revealed the emotional, daily part of her that flows out from her, and it kinda made me felt proud of her. Of course, the story itself played a factor.


I found an article which I thought was pretty need. I have no say as to what was written, except to say: we Christians have been doing a bad job in representing who Christ actually is. And perhaps it is time to re-evaluate why do we subscribe to what we believe in.


Actors and Actresses on their views of 'The Blind Side': Read Sandra Bullock on her views of the character she portrayed.


Perhaps we should think it about it. I recommend you watching the movie as well... oh yeah, and try to understand the Junior High and the College lifestyle in Memphis, or America for that matter. I don't think I know even an ounce of the culture, but well, sufficient enough to relate to the background of the movie. Or try the book as well by Michael Lewis.


:). Pardon the advertisement on Sandra Bullock.


 

No comments: