Monday, July 4, 2011

[Day 1]: Tripped by my 'mis-expectation'

I walked around the 3 big shops around Pram Nam 9 at Bangkok Central, and found out something incredible.

I used to think of Bangkok as just market streets, flea markets with cheap and pirated goods.

Not this one. And I watch through the scenery thinking that I am coming to another 'developed' countries. Serious.

First Picture that I take when I am walking at the roundabout alley overlooking the 5 stories of IT City. Unfortunately, the level 1 till 3 are all covered as 'one area', so for this, it is actually 4-5 only. Which is quite normal nowadays for builders to do (though I don't understand the reason behind)

My trip down at IT City at Pram Nam 9. Considerably large (not as large as Sim Lim Square in Singapore, but relatively large enough to serve the entire Bangkok area. The things here are also quite new, and compatible with Singapore.

 

The front entrance of IT City main shop house. The outskirts are all small shop houses selling random IT equipments.

 

One of the shopping mall, Esplanade (tribute to Temasek Holdings for building the MRT stations for Bangkok (in which Thai people call the service 'SUBWAY') actually has a iStudio for users who bought Mac or any Apple related to go for a free course on making music using Garageband, and having all the equipment for you to try. I don't recall seeing one in Singapore, in which caused me to envy. 

2 comments:

quest4god said...

Thanks for this little look into your "new" culture. It is wonderful to have all the latest equipment. Too bad, though, as it is in our country, that so much of it is used for bad things.

renjinko said...

Hmm... I do think about the same too myself, sometimes wondering if the advancement really did elevate the problems of being 'long, tiring and difficult'. Sometimes, in difficult times, I felt that we actually grown better instead of now, in which we are so reliant on the convenience that we couldn't appreciate the essence of their presence.Nevertheless, from the standpoint of artistic & engineering blend, I thought that advancement is a good thing - if purely taken from a purist point of view.By the way, thanks for dropping by. How are you doing?