Monday, June 11, 2012

[short post]: in good and in bad times

In good times, we see even in the darkest mire,
A potential twilight dispersing the scoured moor,
Reminding us that in bright day, 
The moor looks like a beautiful clay pool.

I see the light, easily before me in good times,
How much these hard lessons taught me,
That all hard knocks were meant to strengthen my soul,
Of which hard muscles toned the soul.

----------------------

Yet in hard times, reminded as I was,
Of the trauma and the turmoil of the soul,
The disappointment sprouted due to the inefficacy of hard labor,
And so of to wretched path I went on.

The temptation, too great to bear, yet so miserable there after,
That I couldn't bear to live the shame the next day again,
Sorrowful begets me, and repentance is closer then to me,
To seek forgiveness, who else can I reach to?

----------------------

In Jesus I found mercy,
Freely given, on the house,
Yet was I not aware,
That the infinite expense of grace... cost His life dearly.

We dare not put mildly the love of Christ,
For His death brought to us new lives in Yahweh,
Yet all the glory and honor took in the form of a shame,
Of the worst that could even be blamed.

----------------------

Remember the cost of the sacrifice He laid,
And there hence live as if it is worth the pain,
Even though at times trod-ding path seems inevitable,
But the pain He suffers - it is worth more to live on.

----------------------

In good and in bad times. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen. 

No comments: