Reading Genesis 42 to 44 makes the heart felt convicted, for more often I resembled Judah more than Joseph. With a wicked heart I may have killed my brother by leaving him in a lurch, and like Reuben, though I may speak of conviction, I have no strength to stop, and letting the evil prevails while standing there watching.
And what convicted the heart more is the resemblance of the mercy Joseph undertook when he heard the confession of Judah, to finally after years of evil and contempt, decided to confess and to sacrifice himself. And Joseph revealed his identity, amid the dramatic expression in forms of tears and admonishment.
"You may have intended it for evil, but God intended it for good, and it is for God's sake that I have stood here to rule over Egypt so that the generations of Israel may find solace in the midst of the famine".
"Do not be afraid, for I am with you. If I do not spare even my own Son, who in obedience learned about the sufferings of mankind, and once for all paid due the sacrifice for the forgiveness of you all, who shall be against you?"
Perhaps in the cross, when Jesus died for all our sins, we do well to think over the kindness of God and the mercy He has given us. Despite our lack of humility and our continual habitual sin, God comes so close, in a form of human face - to show us an emotion for our reflection.
Therefore, my child, go... and sin... no more...
Reflections of Gospel of John, Hebrews, and Genesis.
1 comment:
These reflections of yours....God passing on His thoughts toward you. They are precious things. How foolish our pride and rebellion must look to Him who wants us to live free and happy and to just love Him.
Post a Comment