I survived another month, through new work, new insights and new discoveries.
Been realizing the pain of the construction and main contractors work - and most of all, how much these middle class blue-collar people neglected the hard work of the cleaners, the construction workers, the it consultants, the small delegants and most of all the security people.
You all made me realize how small the world I have been living in, and how much I have lost my soul to think about things of materialistic and easy comfort, where for you guys, a day of survival is more than what you can thank God for.
It is things like this that made me shifted my focus away from my issues and start realizing life is more than just 'Ren's life'.
---
Japan felt close to me, probably because of the influence I had since young. So, when there's an earthquake, tsunami and nuclear plant explosion happened concurrently, my heart seemed to ache more than when my own country faces natural tragedies. Somehow there's a sense of connection that I had with Japan more than I had with a lot of countries, including my dream country USA.
Strange isn't it? Perhaps I met a lot of close friends there who really mattered in my heart, and remembering the 'oba-san and oji-san' there who chatted with me about their lives and their miserable children, and of all my respected advisor Mr. Suzuki and wondering about his nephew in Minamisankri, Miyagi prefecture. Think that life is short - but it doesn't matter whether life is short here on earth - what matters is what is done in the lives of theirs with your presence.
Anyway, signing off. And... I am quite ashamed to say this, but thanks very much for your prayers. For a few nights, I took back the habit of praying, and felt immensively blessed when visions of several people who I have not met and met for long prayed for me every night thinking what I am doing and how I have become for now. Really felt blessed. And that encouraged me to take back the habit of prayer. Thanks a lot.
2 comments:
Thank you for writing this! We are all constantly tempted to lose our souls in one way or another. No one is above that. Thank God Jesus is our great high priest who can sympathize w/ our weaknesses; He was tempted in every way and yet w/ out sin.It's vital for us to the Word of God and prayer as well having fellowship w/ other believers so we might persevere in the race set before us. Hebrews 3:7-19, 10:19-25.Luke 18:1 ~ We ought always to pray so we do not faint/lose heart.Philippians 3:12-16.
Hey... thanks for your comment... really appreciate it...And thanks for all that has really prayed for me... these days you guys have been remembered by God to bless me. I felt so humbled knowing that I cannot handle things by myself... by God's strength though you guys have made God's presence stronger in my life.My cell group has started to meet up often now that my cell group leader has started to make some initiation. Although this is a group's effort that is constantly prayerful, at least something is happening. :)
Post a Comment