In short reproach I beseech myself,
The empathy that sours to apathy,
In life everlasting I forbade myself to receive,
The turn of suffering suddenly comes easily.
I prayed to God with unequivocal confession,
That I may be forgiven a bigger sin than this,
And the Lord forgiven me, with all the blood and toils,
Not in part, but the whole; renewing me in sparkling white.
I confessed, I have made mistakes,
Therefore I subjected myself to felony and agony,
But God from High, in mercy of Jesus Christ,
Took the burden and withdraw the bond I enslaved.
Hence forth my friends, learn in Christ,
Remember His death, His mercy and His obedience,
To live is Christ, to die is gain,
That everlasting communion with King is our gain.
---------------------------------------------------
I have almost forgotten how it is to commune with friends and brothers in Christ, and I felt quite jaded these past few days being in constant move without a sense of direction. Work has taken a toll on me, and I lost my control over what's wrong and right. A recent breakdown in work, and a mismanaged relationship has caused me to lose sight of what God has for me.
Pray that we have an awakening sense of shame that requires God to cleanse and renew us each day. Pray that our pride of self-righteousness will break down in pieces and humiliate us to look to Christ. Pray that when we turn to Christ our ability to see things surface beyond measures. And finally, let our eyes fix upon Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who in obedience followed the will of God - even till the death of the cross - so that we might live in Christ, and not die in vain.
In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
3 comments:
After God's exposing a sin in my own life earlier in the day yesterday, last night I read your prayer here, so I could definitely relate..."In life everlasting I forbade myself to receive" – Yes! When we walk in sin and darkness, we walk in death, and we rob ourselves of life!"unequivocal confession" – Yes! No excuses! No self-justification! No rationalization!"Not in part, but the whole" – Amen. Christ's blood cleanses us from ALL sin and unrighteousness!"That everlasting communion with King is our gain." – Nothing more needs to be said! Whom have we in heaven but HIM? There is none on earth we desire but HIM!
@naphtali_deer - Hey Karen,Indeed, at times like this, when pride come in boastfully, we need reminders of our frailty and our brokenness and imperfections. In brokenness we found mercy desiring and even hungering for it. I am glad the short write-up blessed you well. I too face difficult circumstances myself that humbles me, and now that when I think about what has been happening for the past few months I was greatly perturbed by my veering into sinfulness.Reminders as such bring us back to Christ, and thanks for your admonishment. I too need to be reminded that I am a broken soul, in dire need of grace.
In brokenness we found mercy desiring and even hungering for it. - Yes! Apart from God's mercy, we'd have no desire or hunger at all!We need to be constantly humbled. I have also known that same feeling of being greatly perturbed as of late, but that response to our sinfulness is also the gift of God: it is His kindness wooing us, leading us to repentance and back to our Father's house and restored fellowship. :)As God's children, we need to remind ourselves and one another of these things because we too easily forget them! That's why we find all those exhortations in the Bible to remember, to take heed, not to forget, and so on.
Post a Comment