Crying out in anguish, not understanding how I end up being broken and fallen from grace.
Then a spurn of thought brought me down, struggling to understand why our Father still loves us despite our brokenness.
And in a still moment I remembered how a song that depicts the vengeful post-breakup of a victimized soul, written by Trent Reznor - in turn sung redemptively by a old weary man yet still holding on to the Grace of God by Johnny Cash to remind people of the redemption that God promises in the song 'Hurt'.
Then in little way I understood that these temptations were allowed by God to mean us well, that struggles draw us close to God, remembering that God has overcome the world, even through unlikely circumstances. That's redemption and that's Grace.
I cry for help because only through the cry I understood the need for Grace to wash away the pain I seared to myself, and let God once again wash me white as snow.
Glory to God. In Jesus'name we pray. Amen.
1 comment:
Amen. We need to be humbled and to have our pride checked, so we might be wholly dependent on God.Robert Murray M'Cheyne wrote: "Ah ! believers, you are a tempted people. You are always poor and needy. And God intends it should be so, to give you constant errands to go to Jesus. Some may say, it is not good to be a believer; but ah ! see to whom we can go."See to whom we can go! – We have a merciful, compassionate, and faithful great high priest in the Lord Jesus Christ! Thanks be to God the Father for His unspeakable gift of His only begotten Son!
Post a Comment