Friday, July 6, 2012

[short note]: looking through the glass

Thought that maybe I wanted to share this briefly.

Was thinking about joining sound ministry for churches as part my calling.
Been thinking hard, but somehow I am stiffled by financial burden.
As of now I am still struggling to pay off my rents and my loans. And I am now currently attached, so entertainment fee might be an issue.

These are practical issues, but there's more underlying struggles that I have.
Though in here, right now, it is hard for me to put things in clearer perspective for you guys to read, I believe that first step is a good start.

Hope to hear more from you guys as time goes.

2 comments:

quest4god said...

You speak of your calling...I take that to mean God's calling on your life.   You can't look at circumstances alone to determine what you should do.   The Lord allows setbacks and such in order to steer you toward the goal.   I know it's a hard thing to recognize God's leading, but that is the only thing that matters.   We want our steps to be ordered by the Lord so that we bring Him glory.

naphtali_deer said...

If it's a calling from God, you have to obey, and then ask and trust God to provide. (Though I'm not saying you're to go about it in a foolish manner.)Re: your being attached – if your girlfriend is a godly woman, God will make her willing to forgo some "entertainment" in order for you to follow God wholeheartedly (and you should do the same for her). That's part of the call of a help meet... Brings to mind the example of Rebekkah who was willing to draw water for Abraham's servant & his camels ahead of herself.